- Upgrading your ride with AMP Research PowerStep XL Running Boards will add an element of serious safety and aesthetic allure
- Extends a full 3 inches further than ordinary PowerStep boards
- LED lights included in construction improve safety and visibility
- Lowering function engages automatically when door opens
- Back step is texturized to improve grip and increase safety
- The ideal choice for lifted trucks
- Supports up to 600 lbs.
- Made proudly in the USA
- Warranty: 5 years/60,000 miles
Operating a lifted truck can be one of the most exhilarating driving experiences anyone can have. But the territory comes with a few drawbacks. Mainly, it can be difficult or even dangerous to get in and out of a lifted vehicle. Years of research and development have gone into solving this issue, and the AMP Research PowerStep XL Running Boards fits the bill for a great option. These running boards take aesthetics, convenience, and safety to the next level. They're automatic, so they expand and lower when your vehicle's door is opened and retract to a stowed position when your door is closed. You won't be standing around waiting either, because the extension and withdrawal happens fast - in less than a second!
These running boards are meant to hang even lower than the standard Powerstep model, which makes them the ultimate accessory for a lifted truck owner. They're composed of heavy-duty, die-cast aluminum and can support up to 600 pounds of weight. The rails are finished with a texturized powder coat surface that improves traction and protects the boards against weather damage and corrosion. The watertight motor and wiring system powers the steps and the stainless steel pivot pins ensure hassle-free, safe operation.
Installation is very simple in the majority of cases, with a simple hookup to your truck's diagnostic (OBD-II) port. Pass-through adapters are included with the plug-and-play setup, which allows you to access the port even when these boards are installed. Detailed installation instructions come with each model. AMP Research PowerStep XL Running Boards are built in the United States and come with a 5-year/60,000-mile Warranty.