Features & Benefits
|Warranty Available for Download|
NAPA Echlin designs, specifies and manufactures engine management products with only one goal in mind: to make them the very best. This philosophy reflects the ongoing commitment of NAPA Echlin to its customers and to providing the best engine management products in the industry.
- Our knock sensors are designed to respond to knock frequencies up to 1000 Hz accommodating shifts in engine knock frequency making it a more flexible sensor responding to correct engine knock over a broad range of vehicle conditions
- The Piezoelectric disc, which is the heart of the sensor, is made out of sintered ferroelectric ceramic material and precision grounded to tight physical tolerance with screen printed silver electrodes on the faces of the disc to enhance the spurious responses to constant changing engine conditions.
- High Strength and Glass Transition Temperature epoxy resin ensures that the sensor element, epoxy, and flex zone remain as one solid member to maintain the proper frequency response while eliminating the likelihood of spurious responses (glitches).
- The connector body is double sealed, with the o-ring seal to provide a hermetic seal for the internal components while a foam seal in the connector area provides a first line of protection, still allowing the housing to flex and achieve the optimal sensor signal level.
- The body is roll formed first then anvil staked to provide maximum anti rotation protection. Under the anvil stakes are die formed ridges in the hex cover to further protect against rotation.
- Manufacturing processes include an automated data acquisition system to continuously monitor the sensor output to ensure that it responds with appropriate voltage output at the specified frequency range