California Privacy Rights Notice
If you are a California resident, the following provisions apply to our processing of information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“California Personal Information”). For such residents, the provisions of this California Privacy Rights Notice prevail over any conflicting provisions of the Genuine Parts Company Online Privacy Notice.
California Personal Information We Collect
We may have collected the following categories of California Personal Information within the last 12 months about you.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to their name, signature, address, telephone number, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race, gender, age, disability status.)
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information that is not publicly available personally identifiable information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about you reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Within the last 12 months we have not shared California Personal Information in a manner that could be considered a “sale” under the California Consumer Privacy Act identified in the above categories (A)-(I).
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration which could be considered a “sale” under California law, without affirmative authorization.
Use of California Personal Information
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the California Personal Information was collected.
Your California Rights
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. Including:
- The right to request that we disclose to you:
- specific species of personal information we have collected;
- categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information; and
- categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information.
- The right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you.
- To the extent that we disclose California Personal Information for a business purpose, you may request that we disclose to you the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you as well as the categories of California Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
You may exercise these rights by:
- Calling us toll-free at (1-800-538-6272)
- By completing our rights request form available for online consumers here.
- By completing our rights request form available for in-store consumers here.
As required under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may require you to provide additional personal information as necessary to verify your identity in response to exercising requests of the above type. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Under California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission to act on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require you to verify your own identity in response to a request even if you choose to use an agent. We may deny a request by an agent if they fail to submit proof that they act on your behalf.
If you use assistive technology and the format of this Privacy Notice interferes with your ability to access information, please contact us at [email protected]. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you, please indicate the preferred format in which to receive the material and your contact information.
You may contact us with questions and concerns about our privacy policies or practices by contacting us at [email protected] or (1-800-538-6272).